The process of dental veneers typically involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation: We will evaluate your teeth and discuss your goals and concerns to determine if dental veneers are the best option for you.
- Digital Smile Design: We will take digital scans and photos of your teeth and smile to design your ideal smile.
- Trial Smile: At this stage, we will physically ‘mock up’ your new smile using a white filling material over the top of your teeth. We will then take photos to show you exactly how you would look with your new smile.
- Preparation: A small amount of enamel will be removed or roughened to make room for the veneer. Then a 3D scan will be taken of your teeth to be used as a model for creating the veneers.
- Fabrication: The veneers are custom-made in a dental laboratory based on the smile design that you approve, and the 3D scans taken during the preparation stage. This process can take several weeks.
- Bonding: Once the veneers are ready, the dentist will check the fit and colour match of the veneers before bonding them to the prepared teeth with dental adhesive.
- Final adjustment: The dentist will check the bite and make any necessary adjustments to the veneers to ensure a comfortable and natural-looking result.
The whole process may take several visits to the dentist, and the duration of each visit may vary depending on the number of veneers to be applied.