- Rinse your aligners with warm water as soon as you remove them from your mouth. This will help to prevent any saliva or plaque from hardening on the aligners, which can make them more challenging to clean later.
- Brush your aligners gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a mild, clear anti-bacterial soap. Avoid using toothpaste, which can scratch the surface of the aligners and make them more noticeable. Be sure to clean both the inside and outside of the aligners.
- Rinse the aligners thoroughly with warm water to remove any soap residue.
- Soak your aligners weekly in a denture cleaner (we will provide you with a sample in your welcome pack) or specialized Invisalign cleaning solution. This helps to remove any built-up plaque or bacteria that may be missed during brushing. Follow the instructions on the cleaner packaging, as different products may have different soak times.
- Before putting your aligners back in your mouth, rinse them with warm water to remove any cleaning solution residue.
It’s also essential to keep your teeth clean while you’re undergoing Invisalign treatment. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day. Maintaining good oral hygiene will help prevent any build-up of bacteria on your aligners and keep your teeth healthy throughout the treatment.